This package is intended for families who believe their child requires additional needs and attention.
It is individually tailored to your child’s needs, with an opportunity to provide more personal support to meet the family’s and young person’s needs.
The platinum package can include accommodation & practical assistance, academic support and pastoral care.
Accommodation & Practical Assistance:
We will provide a host family for your child to stay with. SOGA will ensure that host home is comfortable and clean and that your child will be safe and looked after.
In order to be compliant with child safety laws and legislation, all host families are verified, including police checks, by SOGA.
SOGA arranges transport between the airport, host family accommodation and school for your child.
- Named person to direct student through their boarding life
- A representative of SOGA will attend Parent Teacher Meetings
- Help with Shopping for school uniform and equipment
- Liaising with the school on curriculum and other matters
- School visits to monitor wellbeing and academic progress
- Support to boarding house during term time
Pastoral care refers to any emotional, spiritual, academic, personal and practical support the young person requires.
SOGA will act as a Legal Guardian for your child when they are in the UK and provide pastoral care as required.
The pastoral care we offer includes:
- Initial meeting with the young person to introduce them to the work of SOGA and our team.
- Support documentation for Visa Applications
- Arranging accommodation for all exeats, as well as the beginning and end of term
- Arranging Accommodation when requested by the family
- Being available for your child at all times: particularly if they are worried about anything (ie school work, friends, family illness etc)
- Helping the child if things go wrong (ie child gets into trouble at school, falls ill or needs to be admitted to hospital)
- Assisting in problems relating to immigration or passports
- Arranging to open the appropriate bank account
- Assistance with mobile phones and SIM cards
- Meet and greet at arrival airport within term timetable
- Airport assistance
- 24-hour emergency cover
- Responsibility for child’s welfare while school is closed during half terms and exeat weekends
- Helping book flights and travel tickets as required
- Academic and Cultural trips and tours
- Luggage Storage