This guardianship package is for students who are aged 16 and older.
Often, we find that older students are more mature. SOGA realises the importance of giving them their own sense of independence. Which is why we have designed the Bronze Package.
This package includes elements of accommodation and practical assistance, academic support and pastoral care.
Accommodation and Practical Assistance:
SOGA will provide a host family for your child to stay with. Our team will make sure that the host home is comfortable and clean. All to ensure that your child will be safe and looked after.
In order to be compliant with child safety laws and legislation, we verify all of our host families. This includes police checks.
The SOGA team will arrange any transport between airport, host family and school.
- There will be a named person who will direct the student through their boarding life
- SOGA will send a representative to attend any Parent Teacher Meetings
- We will liaise with the school on curriculum issues and other matters
- We will visit the school to monitor your child's wellbeing and academic progress once a term
- Support as required at the boarding house, buying school uniform etc
Pastoral care is a term used to refer to any emotional, spiritual, academic, personal and practical support the young person may need.
SOGA acts as a Legal Guardian for your child during their stay in the UK and we provide pastoral care as required.
Examples of pastoral care include:
- Initial introductory meeting with the young person and the SOGA team
- Offering support documentation for Visa Applications, Immigration papers and Passports
- Providing accommodation for all exeats, as well as the beginning and end of term
- Support as required to open a bank account
- Support in setting up a phone contract or SIM card
- Meeting and greeting at arrival airport within term timetable
- Being on hand to offer assistance at the airport and helping in booking flights & tickets
- 24-hour emergency cover
- Providing opportunities for academic and Cultural trips and tours
- Storing Luggage